Mindset The secret to shifting your finances from fine to fantastic
We all wish for wealth. We want to be able to pay off a home without feeling the financial pressure, we wish to be able to live the life that will fulfill us and those we care for and the world around us. We want to be able to splurge occasionally without feeling guilt. We want to stop living in scarcity mode! But… If you are honest with yourself, you have probably caught yourself thinking about having so much more. You don’t dare to dream it for risk of being avaricious, but it pops into your mind from time to time. There is a stigma around wealth and how people perceive it. I am challenging you today to shift that mindset if you have it. It does not serve you. There is NOTHING WRONG with dreaming big, in fact, I believe it is critical for success.
How much would you like to earn to live abundantly?
What would the experience be, how would you live, what impacts would you make, what legacy would you leave .. so many questions.
Shifting your Money mindset
Your money mindset is how you approach and make decisions about your finances. Your overall mindset towards money can have a big impact of your success so the first thing we need to do is address is any stigma you have around money. What is your earliest memory of money? Was it positive? The answer is almost always no, whether it be overhearing your parents worry about the bills, being deprived of something you really wanted because of money such as a school camp, a trip to the movies, or a toy that everyone else seemed to have, or overhearing trusted adults speak negatively about other people’s wealth. What we heard influences us. How many heard “money does not grow on trees you know”? While it is very healthy to be exposed to the concept of money and budgeting from an early age, it may also put you in scarcity mode, it may stop you from putting yourself out there for fear of how others may perceive your success.
A big part of this journey is to be comfortable in yourself and remember that ‘those that mind don’t matter, and those that matter don’t mind.’
Surround yourself with people that will celebrate your success and be proud of you.
Take a moment to consider these questions.
- What is the worst thing that could happen if you succeeded in earning all the wealth you could imagine?
- What is the worst thing someone would say about you? Does that person really matter?
- What is the best thing that could happen with your abundance of wealth? How could you use that wealth for good?
- What are the best things that people would say about you?
Do your answers to 3 & 4 outweigh the answers to 1 & 2? If so, congratulations, you are on track to shifting your mindset. I often say in my bloggs… the experience you imagine when realising your goals needs to outweigh your fears. If your fears outweigh the experience of the gaol you will fail to achieve what it is you dream for. Either up the anti on the experience of the goal, or decrease your fear – balance the scales in your favour.
Creating a positive relationship with money
- Be positive, and use positive language (and believe it)
- Be thankful when money comes to you, in your wage, in a gift, if you find 2$, be thank ful and say it out loud, say it to yourself, believe it
- Don’t focus on your problems, focus on your solutions (focus on the things you can control)
- Break bad habits by keeping your goals in mind (e.g. go from spending less on take away food to have more money for bills, to spending less of take away to have more savings to purchase something that will help you achieve your goals).
- Know where you are right now in your financial situation, be real about your starting point
- Think of 6 month, 12 month and 5 year financial goals
- Write your goals down and keep them where you can see them everyday
- dont be afraid to ask for help if needed, but I find that 90% of people have it within them to make this shift, others do not alter your mindset, you do
It is okay to dream, it is okay to set your aspirations high, it is okay to want more. Greed is the root of all evil, but money is not!
Ferne Eliz King
Love Life Love YOUR Life
Want to learn more?
I specialise in prioritising and sequencing initiatives, projects, programs to facilitate businesses to achieve their aspirational future along with easy and clear practices to manage strategic change and tactical change.
I have over 30 years’ experience as a globally renowned consultant and have managed over 2.5 billion in programs of work as well as set up complex portfolio management offices.
My goal is to help individuals and businesses of all sizes achieve their aspirational future with key focuses on:
- Prioritising and sequencing to achieve goals; essentially doing the right things, at the right time, in the right way
- Critical thinking for strategic and tactical change
- Shift in mindset, principles, and practices
- Attain clarity in your focus, improved prioritisation and decision making
- Advice for merger and acquisitions – day one readiness and beyond
To learn more follow me through Patreon https://www.patreon.com/FerneElizKing888
Alternatively, you can contact me for a 1:1 coaching session.
Love Life Love YOUR Life
Ferne Eliz King
My superpower is to ignite change and inspire actions to achieve the imaginable future of individuals and businesses. The first step is facilitating you to unlock your curiosity.