‘Can you please come in to discuss your results?’
Not sure I completely recall my thought process when I heard those words apart from Oh Shit. It was 2019, I was 54 years old with a 5 year old gorgeous daughter, looking after an aged parent at our home, juggling about three income streams and business interests, living in a rural area with animals and land and did I mention newly separated from the awesome father to our child and also dealing to that thing in our lives called menopause.
I’ve always been a bit of a work-a-holic and over commit to most things in life. I always had in my mind I will slow down and re organise things soon. Well the choice of that timeline was about to be given to me rather than it be a choice.
I had been on a journey for some time to try and figure out a discomfort I had in my gut. So many doctors advised it was just that time of life and did I want to take tablets. No was my continual answer. I eventually came across a doctor who partnered with me to source what was occurring. Within a few short weeks with many tests I received that ominous phone call. I was then on an operating table getting things cut out of my gut that if left unattended for much longer would have been much more serious.
The after care from surgery was an eye opener with lots of information and questions about what choices I making about the quality of food, drink and home environment I chose to life in.
Fast forward to early 2024, I am entering my 60th year and I reflect.
- I wished I learned the art of asking quality questions earlier in my life .. and LISTENING to the answers
- I wished I took more notice of those that are walking the talk, living a healthy and well balanced life and not those advocating for it but not doing it
- but no use wishing .. I needed to take action and the summary of it all is ..
To do what we love to do in life we need to be in the best form and then accelerate. We cannot fully be our best selves if our wellbeing is not prioritised.
- Fruit and Vegetables : Im selective where I purchase my fruit and vegetables – and I wash them in low Ph water to clean off any pesticides and coating (its amazing sometimes the colour and gunk in residual water !! )
- Meat, Fish, Chicken : Only from reputable suppliers. Never ever ever from a grocery chain. My specialist said it is highly likely the issues I had with my gut was from what supermarkets put into meat to keep ‘fresh’.
- Glutathione : This is my wonder tonic !! my go to, never leave home without it … asuper-antioxidant which defends white blood cells, removes free-radicals, and protects against viruses and viral shedding. There are over 160,000 pubmed studies supporting it’s efficacy. Although it’s naturally occurring in the body, people over 20 start to get less and less of it and need to supplement it to gain it’s benefits. I use the swish once or twice a day and the skin spray once a day as an additional step to my skin care (which is minimal). Go to my website and the menu for Glutathione.
- Quality Water : I drink water that is a higher pH level than what comes out of the tap and is cleansed … high pH water is more highly obsorbed by the body so better hydration, skin, brain, organs work better !!! and I researched what is put into our drinking water now adays to keep it ‘fresh’ from our water catchments to our kitchen tap (oh my lord !!! ) . I use a machine on my kitchen tap to convert the pH level from 7 pH to 9.5pH and cleanse and test it regularly with a water testing kit from bunnings.
- Clean & Green Home: I spent a week cleaning out all unwanted products from home and re educating myself on a better way. I use (the same machine as above) differing pH levels for cleaning and disinfectant. Much the same as many Japanese hospitals and their care facilities do. I use 2pH for disinfectant and 11.5 pH for cleaning adding in essential oils for different effective results whether I wish for a certain smell or certain impact. Example in the middle of winter putting essential oils in that help combat respiratory issues or in the middle of spring using a scent I love. The added benefit of this is I save so much money in cleaning products and I have a clean green home for my health!!!!
- Hair Product – Monat : I have coloured my hair since my late teens when I started going white / grey. I am now my natural colour and was so worried that my hair health would suffer and how would I cope with wiry ‘old’ hair. Well Monat is my answer. Their products are not the cheapest (full disclosure) but they are the best I have used on my hair in my life – which is a LOT of product testing !! (laugh). I am only using hair products at the moment but I do love them and my daughter has long (down to her bottom) length hair and between Monat and a wonder brush .. it is so easy to keep and looks fantastic.
- Skin Care .. I try and keep this pretty basic I go to an awesome lady called Elle at Skin Alive in Melbourne about 4 times a year for a good spring clean. The products I use on my skin are : Moisturising : Antipodes (Elle McPherson) Intense Skin-plumping Serum as an alternative skin oil I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE de Mamiel face oils, they do one for each season. Dermaceutic K Ceutic cream when Melbourne weather tries to take every bit of moisture from your skin. I use a glutathione spray on my face, neck, arms once or twice a day as a top up and I find the results awesome in managing skin health and lines. Then good old fashioned natural soaps and a face wash. I use my infrared sauna a few times a week to assist with blood circulation and health.
My advice to anyone who is looking into improving their health please please do your research. Not all products are made equally, expensive does not always mean quality and cheap does not always mean inferior. Do not get disheartened by all the information out there. Look to those that you feel are the best them in the best form and ask what they do, what they use. Know your own body. Your weaknesses and strengths physically and mentally.
I offer 4 free sessions a week to individuals or groups for 30 minutes to chat about your challenges, opportunities and choices I made for a best me and a clean green home.
Im passionate about helping others and giving back, and putting all my research hours to good use ! ,
Book a 30 min call with me. Look at my website FerneElizKing.com or email me [email protected]
Love Life ❤️ Love YOUR Life
Ferne Eliz King
Ferne is globally recognised and called upon for quickly accelerating complex change to achieve business strategies. Translating strategies to actionable plans, prioritisation of those actions, engagement from the right people, bringing business architecture to life or your life plan if individual and in many cases driving the change as a program director. The bottom line is Ferne accelerates businesses or individuals to achieve outcomes and enabling that is her passion.
What's the consequence if you take no action?
“If you do the same thing today as yesterday, your tomorrow will be the same as today”. Ferne Eliz King
Want To Learn More?
Book a free 15 min call and see how Ferne can help you accelerate your aspirations for you or your business.